Get Rent Relief
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the federal government and the State of California are providing additional funding for people who have lost income due to the pandemic.
Enter your ZIP code below to access this government funding based on where you live. Funding is available regardless of your citizenship status. For non-government funding click on this link.
1. SDHC Housing First
Assistance includes: Temporary rental assistance (1-3 months); Housing advice; Credit repair and budgeting; Employment assistance; Financial assistance (application fees, utility payments, security deposits, etc.)
The requirements to get aid is:
- Income - they must be working
- 30 Day notice or risk of being homeless only
- Must fall in the city zip codes starting with 921
2. The County of San Diego’s Security Deposit Assistance Program (SDAP)
To be eligible for this program, households must meet all the following criteria:
- Must be current resident within the County of San Diego.
- New unit where security deposit assistance is being provided must be located in the County of San Diego.
- Rental period for new unit where security deposit assistance is being provided should not be less than six months.
- Household income must be at or below 120% Area Median Income (AMI) limit.
- For more information on the program, please visit www.sdhcd.org or call (858) 694-4801 to speak to a housing representative.
3. City of Chula Vista Funding
4. Other Rent Relief Funding
5. Rental Assistance for Small Landlords
Need help with more than rent? Find additional resources for you and your family below.